Some of the links in this article are “affiliate links.” If you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, I will receive commission. You do not pay anything extra. By using the affiliate links, you are helping support Morenita Mommy, and your support means everything.
Delicious chicken and tangy orange all within thirty minutes! Forget takeout–you can do this right in your own kitchen.
I love sweet and savory flavors together. If you do too, consider adding this meal to your weekly rotation. I used to add orange juice but now I rely on the orange zest and vinegar for bringing out the zesty flavors. Using a microplane makes zesting oranges a breeze!
Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast (Cube sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice wine or Mirin
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Sugar Brown or white
- 1/3 cup White Vinegar
- 1 bag Frozen stir fry veggies, thawed out
- Preheat frying pan to medium heat. Once warm, add oil.
- In one bowl, combine flour and cornstarch.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then in the flour and cornstarch.
- Add the coated pieces to the pan for frying. Add more oil if needed. Turn pieces over until brown and crispy on both sides.
Making the Sauce
- As the chicken fries, combine water and 1 tbsp cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce and stir to prevent sugar from settling. If it does, use a rubber spatula to separate.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, transfer to a plate to cool. Make sure the pan is still hot and pour the orange sauce into it. When the sauce starts boiling, add vegetables. I use frozen stir fry veggies but you can add freshly cut vegetables as well.
- After the vegetables are soft and mixed in the orange sauce well, place the chicken back in the pan and stir together until evenly mixed. Serve over warm rice or noodles.